An excellent person expertise (UX) goes deeper than visuals and the way purposes look — it’s creating a whole expertise that’s significant, usable and pleasant for the tip customers.
Now in its second 12 months, the UX Design of the Yr class on the GeekWire Awards will acknowledge one startup for its well-designed person expertise. This 12 months’s 5 finalists are Boundless, Joon, Qumulo Core, Tagboard Producer, and Voodle. Final 12 months’s winner was Skilljar.
Nominees had been requested to explain their design and analysis course of, and the way their product advantages the tip person. Judges on this class had been Arif Gursel, international alliances supervisor for Google at Netflix; Julie Kientz, professor and chair of Human Centered Design & Engineering on the College of Washington; John Cook, co-founder of GeekWire; Celeste Bernard, vp product expertise at LPL Monetary; Geoff Harrison, chief design officer at Blink UX; and Laura Barboza, analysis director at Blink UX.
Group voting is now underway throughout 13 GeekWire Awards classes in our 13th annual celebration of Pacific Northwest tech. Group voting, which closes on April 30, will likely be factored in with suggestions from greater than 20 judges. On Could 20 we are going to announce the winners stay on the virtual GeekWire Awards, introduced by Wave Business.
Submit your votes below, seize your tickets, and preserve scrolling for descriptions of every finalist for UX Design of the Yr, introduced by Blink UX.
- The product: Boundless gives instruments that assist immigrants apply for inexperienced playing cards and citizenship. The Seattle-based startup, which spun out of Pioneer Sq. Labs (PSL) in 2017, additionally carefully follows evolving immigration insurance policies and publishes guides to assist navigate a notoriously difficult course of.
- Choose’s remarks: Product UX solves for boundaries to adoption by making a clear, easy UI of a really complicated, time-consuming (and sure irritating) course of. Judges discovered it listed excessive on constructing belief with instruments, sources, standing trackers and assist/chat options.
- The product: Additionally a PSL spinout, Joon offers teletherapy for teenagers and younger adults by way of a cell app. Along with remedy periods, the startup gives interactive psychological healthcare instruments for customers and sources for fogeys and guardians.
- Choose’s remarks: Product UX is straightforward, trust-building and affirming for pandemic-weary teenage customers and offers them every day instruments to make use of together with one-on-one remedy periods. Judges appreciated that the answer thought-about mother and father in addition to works to coordinate therapist schedules.
- The product: Qumulo Core is an enterprise device for storing, managing and constructing workflows for giant scale information. Usually utilized by technical leaders, cloud and resolution architects and IT operation groups, the present model was launched final 12 months. Qumulo launched in 2012 and is one in all a handful of “unicorn” billion-dollar startups within the Seattle area.
- Choose’s remarks: Makes interacting with and capturing key components of a data-dense dashboard intuitive with sensible options and performance. Judges famous the stay information side of the device and the flexibility to work together with information representations to see deeper insights.
- The product: Initially launched as a device for curating social content material by way of hashtags, Tagboard expanded its platform with Tagboard Producer, a cloud-based platform for producing stay programming. Tagboard Producer permits for distant manufacturing and the incorporation of graphics, social content material and viewers engagement. The startup works with the MLB, NBA, CNN, Fox and others.
- Choose’s remarks: Lovely mix of know-how, instruments and guided person flows throughout dynamic and realtime) platforms. Judges scored excessive marks on the novel resolution & delightfulness scale, in addition to general product worth to customers.
- The product: Voodle brings a TikTok-like app to office communication. Utilizing quick, selfie-oriented movies, the social-inspired communication device is supposed to exchange lengthy video calls or text-based notes. The video clips are searchable and include transcriptions. Led by former Pixvana execs, Voodle is utilized by firms corresponding to Thriller, Leasable, Killer Visible Methods, Loopie and others.
- Choose’s remarks: The concepts and insights are “dropped at life” asynchronously in a fast snippet is exclusive inside office instruments. They thought the app made movies straightforward to create and devour and uniquely introduced further energy with transcriptions, concept aggregation and search.
An enormous because of our longtime awards presenting associate, Wave Business, for supporting this enjoyable neighborhood occasion. Additionally, because of gold and class sponsors: Blink UX, WSGR, JLL, EY, Premera, Dreambox Learning, BECU, WestRiver Group, ALLtech and First Tech Federal Credit Union. And to our silver sponsors BCRA and Kingston Marketing Group. If concerned with sponsoring a class or one other part of the GeekWire Awards, please contact us at [email protected]