6:12 a.m.: Germany reaches 2 million cases of coronavirus
Germany has recorded more than two million infections since the beginning of the pandemic. The most populous country in the European Union has recorded 22,368 new cases of infection in the last 24 hours.
6:11 am: The British variant will soon dominate in France?
The British “mutant”, which was found in 1.3% to 1.4% of positive tests for Covid-19 today, should dominate in France in two to three months: “It is an inevitable change,” explains Prof. Bruno Lina, who coordinates the mapping of its distribution at the national level.
6:10 a.m.: The 2 million deaths from Covid worldwide will soon be reached
The pandemic has killed at least 1,979,596 people worldwide since the end of December 2019. This emerges from a report that AFP produced on Thursday from official sources.
6:09 am: Portugal is redefining this Friday
Portugal has decided to start a new general containment starting this Friday, which will see the virus spreading faster there.
6:08 am: Vaccine: A toll-free number to make an appointment
After a slow and criticized start, the vaccination campaign will accelerate and open up to people with risk pathologies. A total of 700 vaccination centers will be open on Monday, all of which can make appointments for the next four weeks. A toll-free number will be set up.
After a delay in the ignition on Thursday, the sante.fr website should be operational this Friday.
6:07 a.m.: A renewed restriction is not completely excluded
“If we observe a sharp deterioration in the epidemic, we will be prompted to decide on a new containment immediately,” warned the Prime Minister during a press conference on Thursday along with six members of the government.
The last hours of information
– The United Kingdom is closing its borders this Friday to arrivals from all countries in South America and Portugal due to the variant discovered in Brazil.
– Sweden has recorded more than 10,000 deaths since the epidemic began, according to health officials on Thursday, after a new record of 351 deaths was announced in the past 24 hours.
– In Italy, the government has extended the state of emergency until April 30th. The Vatican said Pope Francis (84) and Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. (93) had been vaccinated.
– The WHO Emergency Committee met on Thursday afternoon on “two pressing issues”, namely “the recent emergence of variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus” and “the possible use of certificates” vaccinations and tests for international travel “.
– WHO experts arrived in China on Thursday to investigate the causes of the pandemic. The visit is extremely sensitive to the Chinese authorities, which are trying to exclude any responsibility for the pandemic. China recorded its first death since May from the virus in Hebei province on Thursday.
– Lebanon started tight containment for eleven days on Thursday. This country of six million people has so far recorded 1,740 deaths.
6:05 a.m.: Curfew hardened in France, Castex hits the university community, reactivation in Portugal, soon 2 million dead worldwide: Follow the developments of the pandemic in France and around the world this Friday, January 15th.
6am: Hello everyone and welcome to this live video dedicated to the coronavirus epidemic.