Hello again to Equity, a podcast about the business of startups, where we break down the facts and details behind the headlines.
With the holidays behind us, we hope you’re ready for the next several weeks of hectic news. The world will come to a halt in the rear half of December, as a result of which. Make sure you’re following the program on Twitter, and let’s get started!
- Despite this, there will be no tech IPOs this week. We will, however, get reports from a few SaaS firms. As a result, our information flow on the Internet will be slower for the next several days.
- India is upset with Starlink, requesting that the Elon Musk company get its legal documents in order.
- It’s a given that the Raspberry Pi will go public. The nano-computer firm may debut on the London exchanges in Spring 2022.
- On Black Friday, brick-and-mortar sales increased as compared to last year. Online sales dropped, however we can guess why.
- The most recent acquisitions that caught our attention include Booking Holdings purchasing Etraveli Group for 1.8 billion, and Clearlake buying Quest from Francisco Partners.
- Two new unicorns have emerged from the startup world this week, both of which are courtesy of Tiger Global: Slice has become a unicorn, while Thought Machine has achieved the same status through its six-figure funding round. Why not start the week off with two more unicorns? It’s not unusual.
- Finally, this essay on blockchain.
The program will resume on Wednesday at 8:00 p.m.! We’ll see you then! Every Monday at 7:00 a.m. PST, Wednesday, and Friday at 6:00 a.m. PST, equity plummets, so subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts, Overcast , Spotify , and all the casts.”